Monday, October 25, 2010

Official Visit of Bethels #42 and #24 and Coronation Ball

This weekend was another very long weekend for Indiana Job's Daughters.

Early Saturday morning, my mother and I met Anita and began the seemingly endless journey to New Albany for the Official Visit of Bethels #42 and #24. It was worth it when I arrived to Tootsie pops on the tables and a few minutes until breakfast. Of course, breakfast was wonderful, and I began to meet both the Daughters and the candidates for that day. I also got to meet the Jobie-to-Bees who were initiated into the Bee program at Bethel #42. I really enjoyed that because it was the first time I had ever seen the Jobie-to-Bee ceremony, and it didn't hurt that the two girls were completely adorable. Then we started into the Initiation. We initiated three new members on Saturday, and I assisted by performing the initatory part for Third Messenger. Overall, I had a great time, and I really enjoyed myself.

Genesis, Anita, my mother, and I had some time to kill before Coronation Ball, but I didn't get to go to Kentucky because Anita was having enough trouble trying to find out where and which direction we were supposed to go. We stopped at McDonald's, and while Anita was talking on the phone, Genesis and I ran across the parking lot to get pictures with the Big Boy, which is a restaurant for those of you who don't know. It was pretty funny because Genesis and I were receiving some strange looks, not much unusual about that.

Finally, we were off to Coronation Ball. I loved the 60s theme. My dress was awesome if I do say so myself. Some of the adults even dressed up. It was so much fun, even though we didn't have as much participation from the other youth organizations. There were some Demolay and some Rainbow Girls there, and I think they had a good time. I spent half of the night changing sashes and tiaras. Maddy won Jr. Coronation Queen, and Amanda Gilbert won Coronation Queen, and I think I will take this opportunity to congratulate them. The mix of music, decorations, and of course, the food, were fun and "groovy." Now I think I finally have the dance for Cotton-Eyed Joe committed to memory. I will probably forget it by next dance though. Overall, I really enjoyed this year's Coronation Ball.

Don't forget about Ritual Revision, ladies. This is the last week to make comments. Please step up and voice your opinions. This is your organization, and this is your opportunity to have a role in what our Ritual may look like in a year or so. You can make comments on iojd.org under the Ritual Revision tab. I will see you all very soon, but until next time, Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment