Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Region #5 and #2 Promotion Party and Initiation at Bethel #121

I've had a great couple of days, staying a little bit closer to home for Job's Daughter activities.

Last Saturday, I attended the Region #5 and #2 Promotion Party. It was, of course, Halloween-themed. Everyone wore a costume. I went as a geisha girl in an authentic kimono. I was happy I got to dress up since I am too old to go trick-or-treating now. The other costumes were cool too like Minnie Mouse and Lady Gaga. There was a lot of yummy food, and the door prizes were cute. We played some games, and Raquel, as Grand Bethel Treasurer, and I, as Miss Indiana Job's Daughter and a member of Grand Bethel, answered a few questions about Job's Daughters and discussed how to explain Job's Daughters to prospective members and their families. Best of all, I got some candy!!!

Last night, I traveled just down the road to Bethel #121, Knightsville to assist in the initiation of Harley. I did Chaplain, and members from Bethels #2 and #22 helped fill the stations to get Harley initiated. I know Bethel #121 appreciated the help. She had quite a few family members present to witness her initiation. There were cute Halloween cupcakes afterward, and I think they looked familiar, so I think they were left-overs from the Region #5 and #2 Promotion Party. They were still tasty, even the second time. Overall, I had a good time, and I was happy to bring in another member to our organization.

Well, girls, this term is almost at its close. It has been great to travel so much, and I hope to be able to attend several installations this winter. I have enjoyed seeing you this term, and I am excited for the next term to begin. Look for my article on the Ceremony of Installation in the upcoming Bethel News Issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment