Friday, November 19, 2010

Official Visit of Bethel #22, Arch Presentation, Shrine Youth Dance, Bethel #121's Go-to-Church Sunday, and Ruth Goss

I'd like to start this blog by apologizing for its tardiness. I have been trying to maintain my blog, but recently I changed classes, and this is what has prevented me from blogging.

Last Saturday, I was fortunate enough to attend the Official Visit of Bethel #22, Bloomington. Their ceremony was really cute with using the little cards to spell out "Job's Daughters" and use the letters to explain the principles of our Order, and as usual, the food was great. I must say that I was so happy to return. Their Bethel is really blossoming, considering we reinstituted them only three years ago. I was fortunate enough to be a part of that ceremony, and I am really proud of the growth they have undergone over the last few years.

After the Official Visit, Tiffany, Brettney N., my mom, and I went to the Arch presentation. I learned a new game called "Cows" on the way. Apparently, you look for cows and shout out "My cows!" Then, if you're losing, you look for graveyards, which kill one of the other person's cows. It was quite hilarious because even though I wasn't playing, I was still looking for cows and graveyards. I am sorry Bethels #53 and #37 for missing your Official Visit, but this was a very good promotional opportunity where I was to speak on behalf of Indiana Job's Daughters. This was the first time Indiana has ever done this ceremony, and since there was no part exclusively written for Job's Daughters, so Tiffany and I were able to really tailor the speech for this to Indiana Job's Daughters. Though the production had some technological difficulty, everyone was quite touched when the star of the show, Jessica, an actual patient from the Hospital, walked through the Arch. She was so cute. Despite the technological difficulties, everyone seemed to walk out with more knowledge about all the Masonic family organizations, and I received many compliments on my signing to "God Bless America" to conclude the program, which brought many people over to out promotional display after the ceremony. I sat in this tiny car, and I tried on this humongous crown from Daughters of the Nile. I thought the Miss Indiana crown was big, but I was wrong. We came home with around three prospective members, so I think it was a success.

After I had some dinner, it was time for the Shrine Youth Dance. I had a really great time, and I thought the turnout from all three youth organizations was pretty good. I don't know how long it has been since all of the youth leaders were together. I had a great time dancing, and it was just an overall good time. The music was really loud, but everyone seemed to be having fun. It was great to see such a good turnout from the other Bethels and hear about the second Official Visit of the day. I heard there was some craziness in the East, but I won't name any names. You all know who you are. Genesis made remarks for the first time at the second Official Visit, and I heard she did a pretty good job. Then, I was commended on my sign language again in front of the entire dance. Thank you, everyone who attended, and as I don't see Penny and Mandy often, I want to thank the two of you for teaching me "God Bless America" in sign language. I never thought I would get so much use out of it.

After a late night on Saturday, I went to Go-to-Church Sunday for Bethel #121. It was too small to form the cross, but instead we went to the front of the room and sang "Nearer My God to Thee" while we assumed the Attitude of Prayer. It was a really beautiful church. I found myself admiring the stained glass windows for quite a bit of time. I got some great breakfast at Hardee's and took advantage of the opportunity to promote Job's Daughters, so I was pretty happy to take part in this event.

Unfortunately, the same day I heard that Ruth Goss, Past Supreme Guardian from my Bethel, Bethel #2, died. She was a great lady, and we honored her by forming the cross at her viewing on Wednesday night. There, I saw some of the most important moments of her life, and there was a picture of her with my Bethel just a year ago. I want to think Bethels # 5 and #121 for helping us form the cross. The Honored Queen of my Bethel, Mallory Howard, carried Ruth Goss's Past Grand Guardian's pin into the cross. She was an incredible woman, and our Order will sorely miss her.

Tomorrow is the last Official Visit of the term, and I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcomes this term. Please let me know when your Installations are, and I will try to make it. Warm wishes for the upcoming holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment