Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Official Visit of Bethels #44 and #54 and DeMolay Installation

Well, once again, I must begin this post by apologizing for all the time that has elapsed between now and the actual event I attended.

On Saturday, November 20, I left for Crown Point. I had a good time there, and I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in the Ceremony of Initiation as Guide. I was so happy that I even managed to get the girl's honor bands on. That was the hardest part of being Guide. I still can't do my own honor band either. It was a good time, and I received a lot of presents and even a Justin Bieber folder. The Ceremony went well, and I was able to speak to the girls as well as the initiates before the meeting. The best part of the day was that I broke the tradition. If you're wondering what tradition, I mean that the last time I visited Bethel #44, Crown Point as Junior Miss Indiana Congeniality, I fell down the stairs. This term, I am happy to report that I have not fallen at all. The meal was tasty, though I ate it on the run as some of the other girls and I made our way to Valparaiso for a DeMolay Installation.

The DeMolay Installation was incredible. The adults did a wonderful job performing several ceremonies, which I had heard about, but rarely seen. I was probably most fascinated by the Ceremony that took place before the Installation even began. It was a tribute to our National Anthem, "The Star Spangled Banner." It was really impressive, and it shed some light on what precisely the song is about and why we sing it. I also was privileged to see the Ceremony of the Lights, which explains the seven cardinal virtues of a member of DeMolay, which are similar to the teachings of Job's Daughters, and the Flower Talk, which is a tribute to those that have raised us, and in which the members present their mother or sometimes father or grandparent with roses. They has roses left, and my "tiara girls" as they referred to Amanda G., Samantha B., Madison M., and I were given the remaining roses. The boys were great, and the newly installed Master Councilor was practically speechless, but his speech was from the heart, and that's what really matters. I also left with extra sandwiches. I left with flowers and food so in my opinion, it was a very good day.

Well, I hope everyone is preparing for a wonderful Installation, term, and holiday season. I hope to see you all soon, hopefully at some of the Installations and most definitely in the new term. Stay busy and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment