Thursday, February 10, 2011

All Day School of Instructions

It has been some time since I last blogged, and for that, I apologize. It's been a while since I attended a state event since we haven't had any. I'll be back into the habit soon enough.

For the first state event of the new term, we had All Day School of Instructions. In the morning, we went over some of the events coming up in this term, including the Night at the Museum promotional event that I am so excited to attend. We also talked about Pageant and Ritual Contest, among other events, but those are two of the most important and also the two that I would probably encourage you to participate in the most. Grand Bethel Executive Committee presented a skit, and I cannot tell you which was the more amusing: Becca, who did a performance of Kesha in the middle of the skit, with blue lips I might add, or Raquel, who was the three friends from the East with two balloons taped to her shoulders. Maybe it was Holli though, who played a child for whom nothing was going right. It was absolutely hilarious. Then we broke into two separate groups: the adults and the Daughters with Grand Bethel Executive Committee. During this time, the girls were divided by station and learned the particular ins and outs of their ritualistic work. Rachel and I assisted by leading the group of Messengers, bouncing ideas off one another and talking about subjects like Grand Bethel and how to explain Job's Daughters. I think the girls really learned a thing or two. Finally, it was time for lunch, and it was very tasty. Then we gathered together once again to listen to a man who worked in the Cyber Crimes division of his police department. He was a very interesting speaker, and he taught us how to be safe on the Internet. Hope was definitely embarrassed when she was consistently admitting to making most of the mistakes on the Internet, especially on Facebook. It was a very good presentation, and he was quite funny. Finally, Genesis and I brought up the rear, explaining our philanthropic projects, which you can learn more about by reading the issue of the February edition of the Bethel News or checking out the flier on the Bulletins page.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's dance, and I promise that I will blog much sooner next time. I'm sorry for the delay, but better late than never! I hope to see everyone soon! Have a happy Valentine's Day full of Job's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment